Happy Friday! Don’t worry this is not a test, I don’t know about you, but my brain is fried from this week. Not even sure how to proceed in doing my actual job today! #idratherbeblogging
I got up this morning and hit the ‘mill: 3.61 miles/42 min/1.0 incline
I am so sore from yesterday’s workout! I was going to run outside this morning, I even stopped and picked up a nifty headlight on my way home, but I was too scared of the dark and cold that I just went to the gym. Also, had a nice foam rolling session post run. My sore muscles loved it!
I saw this last week on Angela’s blog last Friday, and on Paige’s blog today. I’m such a newbie to running, but I’m interested to see how these answers will change in the next year. I am setting a reminder now to re-do this 10/19/2013 and see how I’ve progressed.
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other? At this point in my running career I don’t run far enough to need any of those. Next year though, I’ll be sure to give a full review.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other? 10k is the farthest I’ve done, I liked it better than the 5k. Felt like I had to push myself a lot harder in training and on race day. I liked the challenge of it. I am still debating on starting 1/2 marathon training this winter, or wait. I think I’ll go for it after the New Year.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other? Shorts for sure when it’s hot out. Now that it’s cooling off I have been wearing capris, which reminds me, I need to go shopping all my capris try to fall off while I am running…like I need to be reminded to shop!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other? Right now I just stick to water while I run.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD? If it could just be in between all the time that would be great. The summer was nice because I could go in the morning before it got too hot. Now it’s so dang cold and dark in the morning. This will be my first fall/winter of running, we’ll see how it goes. I’ve been buying more stuff for night/cold running just need to use it now!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other? My current pair is New Balance. I like them, but notice on longer runs (anything beyond 3 miles) they start to give me blisters. I think I will try Mizuno’s next.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other? Rice cake, PB, chia seeds, coconut water, banana, and coffee or some Amino Uptake from Complete Nutrition. This is usually what I have before my weekly runs too.+
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other? At least 2x per week. I try to run 3 days a week and strength train 2.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it? I usually always have it, I’ve been watching tv on the treadmill. My first race (5k) I ran without, I kept it down during my 10k race, it helps me control my pace and breathing better. Once I start thinking too much though I have to turn it all the way up to keep myself going!
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphin’s you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other? Started out as a weight loss thing but then I kind of fell in love with it. It is a little bit of everything for me. The endorphin’s, the challenge, the me time, and yes the cupcakes play a factor too.