Hello all! Happy Wednesday! You know what that means, it’s time for another WIAW!
Thanks Jenn for hosting!
First off, let me tell you about how Tim has made us some really great dinners this week!
On Sunday I attempted to some sort of meal planning for the week but only ended making two things. Loaded quinoa cups, I took this recipe but instead of frying them up like hamburger patties I divided the mix up in to 9 muffin cups and baked at 375 for 20 minutes. Like in this recipe.
I was also in the mood for some green chile stew. Tim has been under the weather, and there’s nothing like a good dose of hot green chile to knock the sickness right out of you!
Traditionally this recipe is made with pork, but I didn’t have any, and didn’t want to get out of my pj’s to go to the store Sunday morning. The chicken worked out great, and lightened it up as well. I think I will continue to make it this way from now on.
- 1½ - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped, roasted NM green chile
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into uniform chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups fat free chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients, except chicken breast, in to a crock pot and stir.
- Place uncooked chicken breast on top of mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high.
- Remove chicken breast and shred with 2 forks.
- Stir shredded chicken back in to the mixture in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 2 hours or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serving suggestions: tortilla, cheese, sour cream, and/or avocado